The Spanish stock market trades 26.4 billion euros in July
- Aug 3, 2022
- The volume traded in Equities so far this year is 10.7% higher year on year
- Fixed-income trading in July amounted to 6.3 billion euros, while the outstanding balance was 1.77 trillion euros, up 3.4% year to date
- Trading in Futures contracts on the IBEX 35 ® index increased by 10.5% in the first seven months of the year
The Spanish stock market traded 26.4 billion euros in Equities in July, up 1.7% year on year and down 19.8% from the preceding month. The trading volume in the first seven months of this year grew by 10.7% from the same period a year earlier. The number of trades in July was 3 million, down 18.3% year on year and down 8% from a month earlier.
BME's market share in Spanish equities stood at 63.31%. The average spread in this month was 7.72 basis points at the first price level and 10.40 basis points with order book depth of 25,000 euros, according to an independent report by LiquidMetrix, available here: https://www.bmerv.es/ing/Miembros/MIFID_II.aspx. All figures include both transparent order book (LIT) trading – including auctions – and non-transparent (dark) off-book trading.
The volume traded in July in the Fixed Income markets reached 6.3 billion euros, 41.2% lower than in June. New issues, including Public Debt and Private Fixed Income issues, amounted to 27.1 billion euros, which implies a 31.5% decrease compared to the same month the previous year.
The outstanding balance stood at 1.77 trillion euros, up 3.4% so far this year and up 3.8% compared to July 2021.
The Financial Derivatives market traded 1.7 million contracts in July for a notional amount of 35.2 billion euros. Trading in IBEX 35 ® Futures increased by 10.5% in the year to date, and in Mini IBEX Futures by 13.2%. Trading in Stock Options contracts in July increased 134.3% year on year and 4.9% so far this year.
The open interest in Equity Futures contracts increased by 25.9% in July.Trading by business areas and assets
(1) Effective trading volume by asset type in million euros; number of trades in thousands
(2) The trading volume includes only trading on electronic platforms
(3) Thousands of contracts